Mon, May 01|
VAMF Regional Art Exhibit - Call for Art
for the Vancouver Arts and Music Festival August 4 - 6
Time & Location
May 01, 7:00 AM – Jun 30, 11:59 PM
About the event
Call to Artists Juried Regional Art Exhibit Vancouver, Washington VANCOUVER ARTS AND MUSIC FESTIVAL 2023
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- Application open: May 1, 2023
- Application Fee: $45 for three (3) entries
- Commission taken: 40%
- Art accepted: Any medium, art must not exceed 48x48 inches, including framing.
- Deadline: June 30, 2023
- Digital Art Selection: July 10, 2023
- Notification Date: July 17-21, 2023
- Delivery date: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 9 am-noon
- Judging Date: August 3, 2023, 3–6 pm
- Show Opening: Friday, August 4, 2023, 10 am
- Show Closing: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 5 pm
- Reception: Saturday, August 5, 5 - 7 pm
- Unsold art pick-up date & time: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 5-7 pm
- Location: Vancouver, Washington
- Exhibit Hours: Friday: 10 am-8 pm | Saturday: 10 am-8 pm | Sunday: 10 am-5 pm
- Website: vancouverartsandmusicfestival.com and columbiaartsnetwork.org
CALL TO ARTISTS:
Columbia Arts Network is pleased to be the visual arts community partner for the Vancouver USA Arts & Music Festival from August 4-6! Presented by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and the City of Vancouver, VAMF is a celebration of Vancouver’s vibrant community. Featuring local artists and performers in Esther Short Park, this festival is free to all. Mark your calendar now!
ABOUT THE VANCOUVER ARTS AND MUSIC FESTIVAL
COLUMBIA ARTS NETWORK (CAN) is excited to be a partner in the first annual August 4-6! Presented by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and the City of Vancouver, the festival features stages, pop-up galleries, family activities, and food vendors set up throughout downtown Vancouver and Esther Short Park.
Free and open to all, Vancouver USA Arts and Music Festival (VAMF) is a celebration of Vancouver’s exciting arts community. The festival will draw visitors to Vancouver’s historic downtown and vibrant arts district, growing the city’s creative economy and supporting local businesses.
Located on the north bank of the Columbia River, in sight of snowy mountain peaks and a vibrant urban landscape, Vancouver, Washington, USA is home to a thriving arts community.
Presented by Vancouver Symphony Orchestra USA and the City of Vancouver, in partnership with Columbia Artists Network and Vancouver Culture, Arts and Heritage Commission. Supported through a generous grant from M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust. Vancouver offers many cultural activities and attractions within walking distance of the festival, including a frontier fur trading post within the 1800s Fort Vancouver National Historical Site.
Vancouver’s newly constructed Waterfront gives wonderful views of the mighty Columbia River as well as award-winning shopping, wineries, and local eateries.
Columbia Arts Network (CAN) welcomes and encourages artists of all backgrounds to apply. We believe diversity enriches the art community and educates us all, sharing our cultures, talents, and our personal histories.
Learn more about the festival at vancouverartsandmusicfestival.com.
- Artwork in any medium is acceptable, as long as the artwork fits within a 48 x 60-inch format; including framing.
- Two-dimensional work in any medium is acceptable, as long as the artwork fits within a 48 x 60 inch format; including any framing.
- Photography or hand-manipulated plate prints must be signed and numbered.
- All art must be original and signed by the artist.
- Artwork, whether framed or unframed, needs to be ready to hang with taut wire across the back. (no zigzag hardware)
- No AI-Generated work will be accepted.
- All work must be for sale.
- Artists may not substitute, alter, change the price, nor withdraw a work after it has been accepted.
- The Festival reserves the right to refuse any work it deems unsuitable or misrepresented.
A maximum of 3 works may be submitted per artist. Entries must be received no later than June 30, 2023. The Vancouver Arts and Music Festival Juried Exhibit reserves the right to decline any accepted artwork upon delivery if the condition or quality is other than represented in the electronic entry.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee by members of the Columbia Arts Network. Selection for the exhibit will be based on originality, creativity, the elements and principles of design, and technical skill. Final selections will be judged on Thursday, August 3, 2023
Awards will be given in the categories below:
- Still Life/Floral
Cash Prizes in each category will be awarded as follows: Best in Show – $700
- Best in Show - $400
- First Place - $300
- Second Place - $200
- Third Place - $100
Ribbons will be given to all prize winners plus 3 honorable mentions in each category.
ACCEPTANCE & REJECTION NOTES
Notification Dates: July 17-21, 2023
Please check your email and spam for notifications.
All work submitted for the exhibit must be for sale.
Price your work accordingly! A 40 percent commission from all sales will be retained by the Columbia Arts Network. Prices assigned by the artist shall include the Columbia Arts Network commission.
Artists must register and complete an application on the Columbia Arts Network website with an accurate email that will be valid throughout the registration process until the show date. This email address will be used to notify you of your status. Notification of accepted or declined status will be emailed to the email address you use in the application process. Please check your email inbox for all correspondence.
The online application is located below
Your application must include:
- Detailed information about each submitted artwork, including medium, dimensions, and price.
- Images: Artists may submit one image per artwork up to 3 pieces in total. Image sizing requirements: Images must be in JPEG or JPG format, maximum of 4000×4000 pixels, a minimum of 1000 pixels on the shortest side. Note: Need assistance in photographing your artwork? Visit Larry Berman’s site for tips on taking quality images of your art.
Payment for Application
To ensure that the jury sees your entry, your non-refundable entry fee of $45 for up to three (3) entries must be paid online at the time of submitting your application.
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK
Unless alternative arrangements have been confirmed with the Columbia Arts Network, Artists must deliver their work personally to the event tent located in the space located behind City Hall, 416 W. 6th Street, Vancouver, Washington. You will be given a time slot in which to arrive with your artwork and a map is included where you will drive through to drop off artwork. There will also be directional signs. Please closely adhere to your delivery and pickup time so we don’t create a traffic jam on
Thursday, August 3, 2023, 10 am-12 pm
ANY WORK NOT ON SITE BY 12 pm noon on August 3rd WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE EXHIBIT.
The Columbia Arts Network or the Festival shall not be held liable for the loss of or damage to the work if the Artist fails to remove the work during the pick-up times listed below. If artwork is not picked up during these times, a rental fee of $5 per day may be imposed after the last date listed below. The Columbia Arts Network’s right to sell the work of art shall continue, however, until the work is removed.
Maps will be sent in your packet once you have been accepted.
Download the Juried Regional Art Exhibit Call for Artist PDF