Thu, Apr 06|
Call For Art - Artstra - 2023 APPLICATIONS are now OPEN! Due - May 31st
Clark County Open Studios is a juried art event offering a unique opportunity for you to gain further recognition as an artist, open your studio doors to the public, and show and sell your work. https://artstra.org/call-for-artists/
Time & Location
Apr 06, 2023, 10:00 AM – May 31, 2023, 5:00 PM
Vancouver, 108 E Evergreen Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98660, USA
About the event
APPLICATIONS DUE MAY 31stPlease upload a picture or graphic for the event: https://static.wixstatic.com/media/bcadda_4e06ffeac314452ea444e433a5586db9%7Emv2.png
WHAT? Clark County Open Studios is a juried art event offering a unique opportunity for you to gain further recognition as an artist, open your studio doors to the public, and show and sell your work. For the community, Open Studios is a free self-guided tour that will enhance awareness of talented local artists while enriching the cultural life of Clark County neighborhoods.
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must be SUBMITTED ONLINE through CaFE administration, so have your information ready!
- Write a BRIEF artist statement (1,000 character maximum) describing your inspiration and creative process.
- Prepare FIVE DIGITAL IMAGES. Please include FOUR IMAGES OF YOUR ART created in the last three years, and ONE STUDIO IMAGE showing multiple works. This image helps jurors see a perspective of your work.
- Digital format: JPEGs up to 5MB with a minimum of 1920 pixels on the longest side. Large files allow jurors to zoom in on your image.
- These images will be used for the online and printed guide, marketing, and promotion. If you have participated in the past please make sure you submit new images!
- Fill out and submit the online CaFE application and pay the $25 application fee.
JURY PROCESS, ACCEPTANCE, AND PARTICIPATION FEE Clark County Open Studios Tour will showcase art in a broad range of media and styles. The event contributes to public awareness of the quality and diversity of artists in our community. Participation in Clark County Open Studios is intended for professional artists who are actively producing and exhibiting their work. Application material will not be judged on personal tastes or preferences.
Mark Tindle is the newly appointed Portland Art Museum’s Rental Sales Gallery Manager directing a roster of over 250 artists. Before moving to Portland, Mark worked in the UK in curatorial, collections management, project management, marketing, and museum management.
Mike Baggetta is a contemporary Fine Artist, living in Silverton, Oregon, and has been the Creative Director of Art in the Pearl for over 20 years. Mike studied at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena CA. His abstract paintings can be found in several galleries around the region as well as notable collections.
Lisa Conway is a Professor of Art and Head of the Ceramics at Clark College in Vancouver, Washington. She received her MFA in Ceramics from Louisiana State University and her BFA in Ceramics from the University of Michigan. Her resume includes numerous artist residency programs, grants, exhibits, and collections around the country.
JUDGING CRITERIA After your non-refundable $25 application fee is received and your application has demonstrated that you meet studio eligibility requirements and art guidelines, the jurors will view and score your submitted images using these criteria:
- Originality/Creativity Does the artist’s work express a unique style/voice and vision? Craftsmanship/Use of Materials or Media Does the artist’s work show mastery over his/her medium or innovative use of materials/media?
Artists who are accepted will be contacted by June 7th and will receive an acceptance letter confirming their participation in the event. Upon acceptance, a PARTICIPATION FEE OF $150 will be required and due June 10th.
Once accepted, you will have access to our artist’s info page with Open Studio Tour essentials to help guide you with studio preparation, marketing plans, and a timeline of events.
While Artstra provides administrative event planning, marketing, and promotional support for participating artists, be aware that your active involvement and volunteer work by participating artists will be essential in making this a successful event.
QUESTIONS? For more information contact Jennifer Williams, Clark County Open Studios director.