Fri, Mar 18|
2022 Washougal Art Festival Call for Artists
Click RSVP for more info and registration form
Time & Location
Mar 18, 2022, 9:00 PM – May 01, 2022, 11:59 PM
About the event
Professional visual artists working in all media.
What Washougal Art Festival is a juried event focusing on bringing artists and those interested in art together in a fun festival atmosphere.
Where Reflection Plaza, 1703 Main Street, Downtown Washougal, Washington
When Festival: Saturday August 13, 2022 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Artist set up: Saturday August 13, 2022 7:00 am
Entry deadline: Sunday May 1, 2022
Cost No cost to submit entry. If accepted, $50.00 fee for a 10X10 space. No commission due from to artists. OPTIONAL - Artist will be asked to donate a piece of art for the raffle/auction fund raiser at the festival. Artist will be spotlighted as their works are won. The proceeds from this raffle will go toward sponsoring public art in Washougal.
Festival Artist Benefits
• Artists can display and sell their artwork in a festive setting among attendees with an interest in art.
• WACA will keep the number of artists small (~25) to maximize the impact for each artist.
• Artists may gain further recognition as an artist.
• Artist will be featured on the WACA website with a link to their website or FB page. This will be up for an entire year.
• WACA will heavily promote the Washougal Art Festival through social media marketing (Facebook), local advertising, and a banner at our city entrance.
Press release will be sent to regional media.
The festival will be listed on community event calendars, including Portland, Vancouver, and the Columbia River Gorge. • Artists will be supplied materials to facilitate their outreach to their customer bases with an invitation to come to the festival.
Judging Criteria Participation in the Washougal Art Festival is intended for professional artists who are actively producing and exhibiting their work to sell. Entry material will not be judged on personal tastes or preferences but on the following criteria: • Originality/Creativity - Does the artist’s work express a unique style/voice and vision? • Craftsmanship/Use of materials or Media - Does the artist’s work show mastery over his/her medium or innovative use of materials/media? • Professionalism – Is the artist actively producing and exhibiting work to sell in a professional manner?
Notification Artists will be notified of acceptance by mid-May. If accepted, you will receive a festival information sheet and details of where to send payment. Payment is due when accepted and participation is not guaranteed until payment is received.
• Entry deadline is Sunday May 1, 2022.
• Entries are accepted by email only.
• Send entry form and 3 photos of recent work (.jpg format, no more than 1 MB each) to Janice Ferguson at email@example.com.
Questions? Email questions to Janice Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org.